Monday, March 25, 2019

Writing Prompt [Which Freedom is most important to you?]


Don't ask me why, but I've been on a question prompt kick lately and I feel like this one (like last week's question) is one any student of any age could write about for any length of time. My example: (And yes, I time myself, allowing the same amount of time I give my students for warming up: 5 minutes.)

As an American who has experienced all of these freedoms for my entire existence, I do not know what it's like to be restricted academically, economically, politically, religiously or anything that pertains to my life. I've enjoyed the freedom to say and do what I desire, with very little restrictions. And for that, I'm immensely blessed! Initially, I was going to say academic freedom, but if I had the freedom to learn and learn and learn but restricted in all other areas of my life I feel like I might burst at the seams! I really don't care about my economic status (haha, I guess if I did care about that I would never have become a teacher), speech is important (especially if I keep using platforms such as this to express my thoughts on teaching), but the most important freedom to me is religious freedom. I am incredibly thankful that I am free to read my Bible whenever and wherever I want, I'm free to worship, I'm free to join others in worship, I'm free to live this life preparing for eternity with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All other else pales in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment