Tuesday, March 26, 2019

HUGE Product Price Reduction

I overthink pricing my materials. For example, I began a business on Etsy (Rebecca's Recycled Readers) where I am attempting to sell the book art I've been making for the last three years, and that has been an undertaking I never anticipated to be so difficult - all because of pricing! The thing about the materials I make is that it takes a lot of time and I must consider the fact that my time is valuable. When it comes to these units, worksheets, and lessons for teachers I must also consider the fact that teachers use a significant portion of their paycheck for the betterment of their classrooms. Therefore I want to charge a price that teachers can actually afford to spend because it really isn't about me, it is about students. Still, I am trying to contribute to our income so that I can stay home with my girls for a little bit longer, thoroughly enjoy the little time I have with them as their mommy, and tutor as many students as I can one-on-one without charging an arm and a leg (which I'm finding that I really, really enjoy).

With that said, I've been seriously considering my prices and felt the overwhelming need to lower them for my fellow teacher's sake. Not because I've devalued my work but instead have put more value into what teachers and students need. And every teacher needs Bullying Resources, quick resources for struggling readers (like this Making Inferences Worksheet), and even a unit for those students who are ready to analyze and critically write about literature.


These are all products I've been successfully using in my classroom, in my homeschool classroom with my first grader, as a tutor - okaybasically as a teacher working in the field of education for the last twelve years - and I changed the pricing so that other educators in the same boat as me would be able to purchase and use them over and over again.


Enjoy, use and share - because that's what education is all about anyway.


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Rafikeys-To-Success

No comments:

Post a Comment