Friday, October 13, 2017

Upon My Return, Here's a Reward!

My last entry was in February of 2016 and it was during this time that I began working in our local library. Due to that part time position, I put this aside to focus on my home life and the job I had there. I learned so much about literacy and the people who promote it during my time there.

I was sad it had to end, but it was also necessary. It was time to teach my oldest how to read. She is stuck in the strangest age group for her class. She turned 5 less than a month into Pre-K and she was ready to begin blending letter sounds and memorizing sight words. Thirty days into homeschooling - one of the most difficult decisions we have ever made - I am blown away at her progress. She is already sounding out words, reading her sixth Bob Book, and has fifteen sight words down! She knows her numbers up to 30 and is learning number patterns rather quickly. She thoroughly enjoys the idea of being a scientist as she learns to investigate and ask questions. She is conquering the kindergarten standards and I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to teach her one-on-one where she is academically.

With time at home teaching, I am better able to begin this business again! It seemed logical to celebrate my return with a GIVEAWAY!


The giveaway is offered through Teacher's Notebook. Follow this link: https://www.teachersnotebook.com/shop/RafiKey/promotions

In this 4 day unit students will use context clues to determine meaning of words, identify and apply knowledge of literary devices and analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning using works of Edgar Allan Poe (The Tell-Tale Heart and The Raven). It is designed using the 4MAT model where students connect, attend, imagine, inform, practice, extend, refine, and perform. Be prepared to be creeped out while teaching your students how to analyze Poe's stories and poems to better understand just how creepy he intended them to be!

Two winners will be chosen! It begins today, Friday the 13 and ends 7 days from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment