Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Weekly Writing Prompts [One Word Prompts]

My computer's tracking pad wigged out and I think I've finally figured out the issue, but until that happened I was unable to write and post anything. The mobile version of blogger is not especially user friendly. Thankfully, I've got it working. Hopefully it lasts until after Christmas. This season is expensive enough as it is!

With that said, one of the things I have scheduled weekly are writing prompts and I'm excited to share the first one: the first set of one word writing prompts.

One word has the ability to jog memory like smells, plus one simple word can blossom into many. What ideas come to mind when you read:


When I read dance, I think of the song we picked for our first dance as a married couple. It isn't the song itself, but the story behind the song I'd tell...

Journey brings so many incredible metaphors to mind! It's so easy to relate it to life.

And as I go down the list, I could easily write about what each word brings to mind. In your own classroom, model writing one of them and then let the students go.

No comments:

Post a Comment