Monday, October 22, 2018

Weekly Writing Prompt [The Day I Was the Teacher]


Hopefully I'm back in the groove of sharing weekly writing prompts, professional reading musts, and my curriculum creations! With that, here is a prompt that could be used as a title or a sentence starter!

My Example:
The day I was the teacher I decided to take a nap. I called the students one-by-one to lay their head upon their desk, "Throw aside your homework, forget the assessment, the lesson's a wrap. It's time for a nap." I was tired of their belly aching and whining and rolling of the eyes, so tired in fact that I needed a snooze. And when we wake up, what have we to lose? Fighting sleep is the hardest thing for me to fight, and while I did with all my might, I gave up in round two, and barely made it to my desk before I closed my eyes and enjoyed the view. This is a sad attempt for rhyming, but the reason is super clear: I'm tired. So tired of grading, lesson planning, teaching, guiding, assessing, and loving on all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment