Friday, March 23, 2018

Weekly Writing Prompt [The day we lost the championship...]


The first thing that comes to mind with this prompt is a YouTube video I found super motivating,


When I combine the two, my response looks like this,

"The day we lost the championship was the day I became more motivated than I have ever been. I never, ever want to feel this way again. I let myself and my team down. I didn't use my time wisely. I slacked conditioning drills. I could go on, but when I reflect on our loss as a team I realized that we lost the championship because I was out of shape, I didn't take practice seriously, I didn't work with my teammates and now all I feel is disappointment. As the captain of the team, my attitude transferred to my teammates; therefore, we were out of shape, we didn't take practice seriously, we didn't work together, as a result we are all disappointed. We were so close! But we were outworked and as I watched their captain, I learned something invaluable: the cost of leadership. I will never, ever allow myself stupid excuses again. If I'm going to lose at something - even after giving it all I got - fine, but I will not lose because of my failings in practice, in the off season, and because I failed as a leader. If we lose again (the key word being if) these words will never come out of my mouth again, I wish I would've given it all I had, all the time, and encouraged my teammates to do the same. Words are important, but my actions spoke volumes and I am so glad I have a second chance to apply what I learned. I am beyond pumped."

No comments:

Post a Comment