Monday, April 15, 2019

Writing Prompt [Picture Prompt]

I have an entire Pinterest Board full of enough pictures to last an entire year. There are so many hilarious, sad, thought-provoking pictures floating around that it was easy to build a "picture prompt" folder for everyday use. In order to reach all learner types, I vary it up, sometimes offering multiple prompts on one day that reach the different learners. I've also learned that pictures are perfect tools to use for my 1st grader who is learning to compose sentences. When I pull these out we ask the questions, Who or what is this about? What are they doing? to help her begin writing her subject clause and her predicate clause. We then use the same picture all week and continue adding to it until we've created an entire story bit by bit.

 Today, I'll share what I've collected on Pinterest (Pics to Prompt), along with one of the favorites.
Police struggling to restrain fans as the Beatles walk into Buckingham Palace [October 26, 1965] Source: Ted West/Central Press/Hulton Archive/Getty Images
I honestly cannot decide which perspective would be the easiest to write about: the policemen (their faces, haha!) or from the erratic fans. Which would you write about?


No comments:

Post a Comment