Monday, April 8, 2019

Writing Prompt [Sooooo... your friend has bad breath...]

What would you do if you're talking to your bestie and am overwhelmed by their terrible breath?
I always keep a pack of gum in my purse and those disposable toothbrushes, because my poor students have told me they couldn't stand my coffee breath. Whoops! Sorry. It's my teacher fuel, or my mom fuel, okay, let's be real it's my life fuel. Therefore, I completely understand being on the recipient's side of, "Dudette, you have bad breath!" And I would prefer to know because knowing is better than making others uncomfortable. Back to the pack of gum, most people like to chew on a piece so I'd simply offer them one, and if they refuse, well, I'll tell them gently why they need it. I would never slap on a slew of insults! Sometimes the truth is hard to hear and it can also be embarrassing. Something like, "it will help your breath" or "I also have a disposable toothbrush you are more than welcome to use" or any way that I can help them with their situation, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment