Monday, April 22, 2019

Writing Prompt [You were picked for a reality show...]

The most effective way to become better at something is by simply doing it every day. If you want to become a better reader, read more (at your level, using the tools you've been taught). If you want to become a better writer, write more (again, using the tools you've been taught). If you do not have those tools, that's why teachers like me exist! Our job is to give the tools to help you become better readers and writers. One of those tools is to provide opportunities to get ideas flowing. Pictures, stories, poetry, questions, sentence starters, &etc. are all ways to accomplish this.

Bible
Journal
Swimsuit
Towel
Hat
Books
Hatchet

Goodness, when I initially began listing I had more than five items, so I really had to think through my necessities: food/water, shelter, clothing. Since food is provided I should probably focus on the rest. Firstly, I would lose my sanity without the Bible so that's still number one, but I obviously need clothing: swimsuit and hat. That's already three items and I'm surprised at how difficult this thinking process has become for me already! I will want to make a shelter of some kind so a hatchet will help me accomplish this. A towel could accomplish many things: blanket, shelter, etc. And that's five items! Bummer on the journal though... I'll have to be creative with reading and writing! Like writing in the sand. Either way, this process of thinking through this made the idea an appealing one for me. Haha, I might be a boring person to watch on a reality show though.

What five items would you take?

No comments:

Post a Comment