Monday, January 22, 2018

Weekly Writing Prompt [Write me as one that...]

Poetry is one of the most inspirational places for me to visit. Sometimes it's one or two lines that catch my eye, or the moral or theme that twangs the heart strings, or the overall idea the author is trying to convey speaks to my soul, or the innumerable clever word choices, play on words, arrangements, rhymes - they all transport me to the wide world of words.

Here is one line that makes an excellent beginner phrase for a student to finish and expand upon, taken from a book of prose sitting in the recycling bin. Breathe new life into it by writing a story or poem to get creative juices flowing...

Think about it, if anyone were to write about you, what would you want them to write?
My example:
Write me as one that passionately lives.
Lives by faith alone.
Saved by grace alone.
In Christ alone.
According to Scripture alone.
For the glory of God alone.

Write me as one that lives for Christ,
Dies to self.
Lives for His glory
And not my own.

Write me as one that loves God
And loves others.
Who serves Christ 
by serving others.

Write me as one that laughs at the time to come;
that trusts in Christ,
that delights in His Word,
that longs for His face,
that worships Him as King,
that fears nothing, because nothing is outside of His control.

Write me as one that passionately lives.
Write me as one that lives for The One.
Write me as one of His.

- Rebecca Lowery

I have many more phrases taken from poetry that I'll be sharing these next few weeks. Plus a writing lesson that I cannot wait to share with you - for free! Stay posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment