Monday, January 15, 2018

Weekly Writing Prompts [One Word, Set 2]

Set two invokes memories worth writing about, or feelings worth expressing, or experiences worth sharing!
Example:
I will never forget my first memory of being unwelcome. I was only in 5th grade, but the details are still vivid twenty-plus years later. Thirty minutes on a school bus was already uncomfortable. It wasn't the crowded space or the stuffy environment that introduced me to the heartbreak of being unwanted, unwelcome. It was two girls with whom I shared a seat; thinking, hoping, we were friends. Not long after sitting down, they tried pushing me off. With all their heaving, they were unable to make me budge. I planted my feet, bound and determined to remain despite knowing I was not welcome, not wanted as their seat-mate or their friend. I remember being heartbroken when I got off the bus, not letting the tears fall until I walked into my room. Through the years these girls did their best to make me feel unwelcome in many, many ways; but this memory has been burned into the mind's eye - once haunting me - now imparting wisdom and gratitude as I invest in welcoming friendship.

See the first set of One Word Prompts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment